Welcome to my trip page

If you have arrived here after donating ...many many thanks. On the other hand if you have arrived here by chance and have yet to sponsor me please go to my JustGiving site on this link or via the sponsor me button below.



Below you have access to two maps, one showing the route and the waypoints, where there is a change of train and the other which will show geotagged photos along the route. There may be a lag to the uploading of photos but my current position will be available via Google Latitude on the left of the page.


How to use the map below

Firstly expand the map until all icons are separated. Then click on individual icons. Train icons provide train information and green icons the stopover details.


View Stamford to Saigon in a larger map

Photo Trail


View Photo Trail in a larger map

Tuesday 22 June 2010

What a day!

I arrived at this station in Nanning at 4am this morning. Taxi driver decided to take me for a detour to double the fare!! The money was not an issue as total cost £1.75 but he entered road from wrong direction so i was lost for a while. A few hours sleep and i made it back to the station on the no.6 bus and managed to buy my ticket to Hanoi for this evening.
--
Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.