Welcome to my trip page

If you have arrived here after donating ...many many thanks. On the other hand if you have arrived here by chance and have yet to sponsor me please go to my JustGiving site on this link or via the sponsor me button below.



Below you have access to two maps, one showing the route and the waypoints, where there is a change of train and the other which will show geotagged photos along the route. There may be a lag to the uploading of photos but my current position will be available via Google Latitude on the left of the page.


How to use the map below

Firstly expand the map until all icons are separated. Then click on individual icons. Train icons provide train information and green icons the stopover details.


View Stamford to Saigon in a larger map

Photo Trail


View Photo Trail in a larger map

Sunday 20 June 2010

18 June

Arrive 2.30pm and am leaving Bejing at 9.30pm so must make most of time in
city i have visited before.

I find ticket office in central Beijing to collect my next two train
tickets the head out to Olympic village to see birds nest stadium. Immense
area thronging with internal chinesee visitors. Back into town to Wanfujing
area.....a large pedestrianised area with designer shops but also with open
air food stalls where you can buy scorpions on a stick(they are alive until
plunged into the fat. I am told they tast like popcorn. Off to station to
catch bullet train to Shanghai where my cabine companion is young english
speaking lady who has studied in London and lived for a while in Windsor.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
mail2web - Check your email from the web at
http://link.mail2web.com/mail2web